Thursday, November 18, 2010

LHC creates and contains Antimatter!

As it turns out, the Article I was originally going to cite was written by someone from Gizmodo. Now I have a big problem with Gizmodo that I will express later.

Anyway, CERN (That's the European Organisation for Nuclear Research) has used it's Large Hadron Collider has created antimatter! more specifically, Anti-hydrogen.

CERN has done this before, but this is the first time that they've been able to contain it long enough for study.

when antimatter collides with regular matter, it annihilates, releasing a lot of clean energy. What does this mean for the common man? Right now, nothing. They are not able to create antimatter in sufficient amounts for reactors. Not that we would want to right now. Best to study it before going there.

This isn't so much stupid, more like awesomeness for the future.

GO FUTURE!!!!

Now, when can I get my hover-board?

1 comment: